Robert B. Thomson, Jr.
Robert Thomson’s practice is focused in the areas of estate planning, business transactions, and asset protection. He is a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Army National Guard, and various civic and professional organizations.
Mr. Thomson was awarded the Bronze Star Medal in 2017 for his service as an operational law JAG with the 36th Infantry Division in Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Mr. Thomson has experience solving complex tax problems, knotty estate planning snafus, and business transactional conundrums.
- Creation of private foundation for UHNW family
- IRS tax audit defense of non-exempt private foundation
- Estate planning for taxable and non-taxable estates
- Complex GST tax issues
- Business formations
- Merger of subsidiary corporations into parent
- Tax-free conversion of corporation into limited liability company
- Representation of investor in securities litigation.
- Representation of medical corporation in dispute with vendor.
- Trademark registration
- Trademark defense
Office: (832) 835-2180
1790 Hughes Landing Blvd. Suite 400
The Woodlands, Texas 77380